Good morning
Good morning.
While you slept: three pull requests merged, one deploy to production, one incident triaged and contained. Two emails need you. One decision waits.
Good morning. It's Tuesday, July twenty-first, just after seven. While you slept, I merged three pull requests, shipped one deploy to production, and triaged one incident — it's contained. Two emails need you, and one decision is waiting. Five parts, about two minutes. Let's start with what shipped.
Shipped overnight
Shipped while you slept
Three pull requests went in overnight, all reviewed and green. The Slack digest now groups replies into threads, which closes the noisiest complaint from last week. The webhook ingester retries with backoff instead of dropping events. And new workspaces get real onboarding copy instead of a blank screen. All of it shipped as release zero eighty-four two at three twelve, with every check passing.
One thing needs you
One thing needs your eyes
Detected — ingest errors jumped 0.4% to 3.1%
The feedback-ingest endpoint started failing above the 1% alert threshold.
Root cause — the sentiment vendor is throttling us
Their API began returning 429s right after their maintenance window. Nothing on our side changed.
Contained — backoff on, events queued, zero data loss
Every failed event is parked in the retry queue and drains as the vendor recovers.
Fix queued — PR #485 awaits your review
Pins the vendor client and widens the retry budget so this class of throttling never pages you.
One thing needs your eyes, and I've already done the digging. At two thirty-one, errors on feedback ingest jumped from under half a percent to three. By two forty-four I had the cause: the sentiment vendor started throttling us after their maintenance window — nothing on our side changed. I turned on backoff and queued the failed events, so we lost nothing. The permanent fix is sitting in pull request four eighty-five. Nothing is on fire — the only action is a ten-minute review.
The numbers that moved
Three numbers moved enough to mention. Sixty-three signups yesterday — the most in the window, after the usual weekend dip. The jump landed within an hour of Sunday's newsletter going out. The timing is consistent, but I haven't verified attribution, so I'll say likely, not certain. Weekly active workspaces are at twelve eighty-four, up three point two. And nine trials converted to paid yesterday, three more than the Monday before.
Inbox triage
Inbox: fourteen in, two for you
Priya Raman — Nordwind Retail
Renewal call moved to Thursday 2pm. She needs a yes or no on the new time by noon today.
Dana Whitfield — Harborlight Studio
Enterprise trial, day 12 of 14. Asking for an SSO timeline before they commit. I drafted a reply; it needs your word on the date.
Your inbox. Fourteen emails came in overnight. Twelve are done — eight were receipts and notifications, archived, and four I answered from your saved replies. Two actually need you. Priya at Nordwind wants to move the renewal call to Thursday at two, and she needs a yes or no by noon. And Dana at Harborlight — twelve days into their enterprise trial — wants an SSO timeline. My draft is ready; it just needs your word on the date.
Today
Today, on my desk
The pricing-page experiment is ready. Ship it to 50% today, or hold until after Thursday's board update?
That's your morning. I'll be here.
Here's my plan for today. First, once you've reviewed four eighty-five, I'll merge it and watch the error rate settle back under one percent. Second, I'll draft Friday's release notes from this week's merged work — on your desk by three. Third, the two inbox replies go out the moment you give the word. One question before you start your day: the pricing-page experiment is ready — ship it to fifty percent today, or hold until after Thursday's board update? Either answer works; I just need the call. That's your morning. I'll be here.





